The James Altucher Show / Choose Yourself Media is seeking a part-time intern to work out of our Denver office. This position will work directly with the Choose Yourself Media editorial team on a range of writing and research projects, as well as with the Executive Producer of The James Altucher Show in developing pre and post production.
Choose Yourself Media is a direct-response marketing company that promotes the work of best-selling author and entrepreneur James Altucher. We focus on four primary verticals—entrepreneurship, self-publishing, personal finance and health—posting daily to www.JamesAltucher.com, publishing several monthly newsletters, producing a weekly podcast and promoting James’ work across platforms on social media.
Our podcast, The James Altucher Show, is an iTunes’ top 10 business podcast featuring “choose yourself stories” — self-made journeys from generations of inspired, peak performers,” and features guests like Shark Tank investors Mark Cuban and Barbara Corcoran, hip-hop legend Russel Simmons, pro skateboarder Tony Hawk, XPRIZE Foundation founder Peter Diamondis, among 100+ more of today’s most influential thought-leaders. Every week, our global audience of 1.5 million readers and listeners turn to James for weekly book recommendations and stories that “explore what it means to be human and achieve well-being in a world that is increasingly complicated.”
As a part of The James Altucher production team, you’ll:
- Coordinate schedules with podcast guests
- Coordinate schedules and set appointments with our New York City-based recording studios
- Research and compile notes on upcoming book, movie and TV releases from notable authors, entrepreneurs, producers, entertainers, and thought-leaders to potentially feature on the show and in our publications
- Build and maintain media lists
- Assist with public relations strategy, development and execution
- Write / produce podcast advertisements
- Be in-the-know on the podcast industry and use your creativity to develop higher quality podcast
- Participate in team brainstorms and see your ideas come to life!
- Highly organized
- Well versed in interpersonal communications
- Proactive in follow ups/outreach
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- Determined go-getter excited to grow the greatest show!
- Forward thinker who is comfortable coming up with new ideas and putting them into practice.
- Team player who is comfortable working as part of a small, tight-knit group of marketing professionals.
- Excellent writing / editorial skills with work samples
- Natural curiosity and drive to grow and develop a meaningful career in media and content marketing
Availability: On-site in Downtown Denver for 20 hours per week.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org including:
1) A resume
2) A cover letter and short bio that answers:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skill are you most excited to bring to this position?
- What draws you to digital media?
3) A list of up to 3 guests you’d recommend for the show and how you’d go about contacting them.
We work in a collaborative environment that allows you to interact with some of the most influential minds and experts in business, finance and entrepreneurship. What’s more, we encourage all employees to practice what we preach, so that they can improve their own lives while improving others.
This is a paid internship opportunity at $12 per hour for 20 hours per week, on-site at our office in downtown Denver’s LoDo neighborhood.