The James Altucher Show/Choose Yourself Media is seeking an experienced Talent Booker. As the Talent Booker, you’ll develop meaningful relationships with talent and book highly sought-after guests in business, entertainment, media and philanthropy.
As a member of Choose Yourself Media, you’ll join a work environment like no other. The James Altucher Show/Choose Yourself Media encourages independence, creativity and freedom for all its employees.
This role is ideal for a self-motivated, creative and action-oriented individual. This opportunity offers you the freedom and flexibility to work from home, manage your own workweek independently, and, essentially, act as your own boss. Although independent by nature, this position also offers you a remote team who is friendly, supportive and happy to collaborate on a daily basis. We enjoy helping each other and encouraging one another’s success in surpassing goals, maintaining focus and creatively executing new and exciting ideas.
As a part of the James Altucher production team, you’ll:
- Coordinate schedules with podcast guests (past guests include Mark Cuban, Arianna Huffington, Tony Hawk, Cheryl Strayed, etc.)
- Coordinate schedules and set appointments with our NY based recording studios
- Research upcoming book, movie and TV releases from notable authors, entrepreneurs, producers, entertainers, and thought-leaders to potentially feature on the show
- Build and maintain media lists
- Assist with public relations strategy development and execution
- Use your creativity and knowledge of the podcast industry to continually develop a higher quality podcast
The James Altucher Show is an Apple Top 10 business podcast featuring “choose yourself stories”—self-made journeys from generations of inspired, peak performers,” including renowned motivational speaker Tony Robbins, Huffington Post founder Arianna Huffington, Shark Tank investors Mark Cuban, Daymond John and Barbara Corcoran, self-made billionaire and Spanx founder Sara Blakely, hip-hop legend Russell Simmons, pro skateboarder Tony Hawk, NASA astronauts Mike Massimino and Chris Hadfield, best-selling authors Seth Godin and Cheryl Strayed, among 200+ more of today’s most influential thought-leaders.
Every week, our global audience of 1.7 million readers and listeners turns to James and his guests for stories that “explore what it means to be human and achieve well-being in a world that is increasingly complicated.”
Through his WSJ bestselling book, “Choose Yourself,” Amazon #1 bestselling book “Reinvent Yourself,” popular blog, top-10 ranking podcast and contributing articles on sites including Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post, Yahoo Finance and Business Insider, James’ influence reaches more than 1.7 million people globally. His mission: help readers and listeners become leaders of their daily lives and “choose themselves.”
With the help of your fresh perspective, enthusiasm and keen determination, we’re looking to expand the show’s reach and output exponentially.
- 1-2 years experience pitching talent
- Great relationship builder
- Highly organized
- Well versed in interpersonal communications, public relations and talent booking
- Proactive in communication efforts (i.e. initial outreach and follow-ups)
- Creative and innovative in talent outreach strategy
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- Goal-oriented and motivated to establish contacts and book guests for the show
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- Forward thinker who is comfortable coming up with new ideas and putting them into practice
- Preference for candidate with background in entertainment, public relations or communications
This is a freelance, remote position with the opportunity to become full-time. Choose Yourself Media offers a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees that includes paid vacation, a 401(k) package, paid parking, commuter reimbursement, family/medical leave and more.
Choose Yourself Media is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
1) A resume
2) A cover letter
3) A list of up to 3 guests you’d recommend for the show and the strategy you’d use to book them