Choose Yourself Media is a direct-response marketing company in Denver, Colo. that promotes the work of best-selling author and entrepreneur James Altucher. We focus on four primary verticals—entrepreneurship, self-publishing, personal finance and health—posting daily to JamesAltucher.com, publishing several monthly newsletters, producing a bi-weekly podcast and promoting James’ work across many different platforms on social media.
We serve a global audience of more than 1.5 million readers and listeners through—among other products—subscription-based newsletters and the top 10-ranked business podcast, “The James Altucher Show,” whose guests have included Mark Cuban, Arianna Huffington and Peter Thiel.
We are expanding into online education and are looking for a Education Content Producer to help us create and maintain a series of online courses. This will involve creating dynamic, comprehensive educational content that will educate, entertain and help promote James’ message and vision. We need someone who not only knows how to craft and shape compelling content, but is well-versed in today’s best practices in digital education and can help us create a truly world-class product.
- Thorough research on course subject matter
- Create dynamic text / video / interactive content based on existing course outline
- Find valuable resources that will benefit our learners
- Stay up-to-date on trends in online educational content
- Participate in creative strategy sessions and shape the final product
- Ability to effectively and concisely explain complex / abstract ideas
- Comfortable working in different mediums (text, video, interactive, etc.)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Extraordinary research skills
- Ability to write conversationally and inspirationally
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Ability to meet frequent deadlines and manage a wide-ranging project
- Technical ability to develop / code videos, audio and interactive elements
- Graphic design experience and skills
- Experience creating educational content for adult learners
- Understanding and affinity for social media / community management
This is a short-term, project-based contract position, with the opportunity for additional projects or potential full-time employment.
How to apply:
Email a resume, cover letter and portfolio samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.