Someone on facebook just asked me this
NO. I specifically said to him, “If you go for an MBA I’m going to hunt you down and kill you”
– why take 2 years off from this exciting and fast moving job market.
– 2 years is like 20 Internet generations
– why get $100k in debt? (the world of tutions is a LOT different than even ten years ago)
– A “Marketing” class in a business school is taught by a guy who got his PhD 10 years ago. Real marketing is done by people who are using marketing tools invented yesterday
– “Investing” is only learned by experience
– “Management” is learned by leading people and failing the first few times.
– “Sales” is learned by having the passion to sell something you love.
– There’s no such thing as “business”. There’s such a thing as making people’s lives better. Figure out how to do that and you won’t need business school.
– A school is a business. An MBA was just another way to create a skew. It turned out to be a “screw” but most people don’t learn that until it’s in the wrong hole.