I’m ordinary.Any ordinary person can create extraordinary change.I qualify. You qualify, too.
I learned this reading The Promise of a Pencil: How an Ordinary Person Can Create Extraordinary Change by Adam Braun. It’s a story about purpose.
I don’t believe in having a life’s purpose. I said this before.But that doesn’t mean you can’t have one.
Just don’t force it. Don’t get stuck.
Reading Adam’s book made me feel like starting a charity. This book shows a bigger way of how you can find purpose in life.
Adam was an ordinary guy on the fast track to a career on Wall Street. Now, he’s (still) an ordinary guy who started his own company, a nonprofit, that builds schools for children in the developing world.
“Purpose goes beyond passion,” Adam says. “You literally become unstoppable” You’re capable of more than you think.
Adam discovered this during a “certain death experience.” I wanted to know how somebody gets into that flow without being pushed to the point of death.
In today’s episode, Adam explains how to have “true self discovery.”
He says, “When you leave your comfort zone, you start to discover not what you are but who you are.”
This episode will open your eyes to extraordinary opportunities. And it will help you get unstuck.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- The journey of starting a nonprofit
- How to have “true self discovery”
- How to discover “not what you are but who you are.”
- How to quit your corporate job
- Plus much more…
Links and Resources Mentioned In The Show:
- Read Adam Braun’s book The Promise of a Pencil: How an Ordinary Person Can Create Extraordinary Change
- Follow Pencils of Promise on Twitter and Facebook
- Learn more about Pencils of Promise, including how you can get involved here
- Read Adam Braun’s favorite book, Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
Thanks so much for listening!
If you enjoyed this episode of The James Altucher Show, please leave a review or a rating on ITunes. I read every review and it helps to make the podcast better.