In 1998 I became addicted to poker. I played EVERY SINGLE DAY for 365 days straight. Each day, I would leave work and I would run down to the Mayfair Club and play hands against some of the most successful poker players to date.
All of this was due to a movie about poker called Rounders, written by Brian Koppelman. I thought back to the movie and to my days at the Mayfair Club and I knew I had to have Brian on my podcast.
Brian has done some amazing things in his life and it was great to finally talk to him. During the talk I felt like we had known each other for years.
It’s a great interview with tons of interesting stories and helpful tips. Enjoy!
Links and Resources Mentioned In The Show:
- The Moment Podcast
- Tracy Chapman
- Allan Havey
- Brian is the co-creator of Rounders, Ocean’s Thirteen, and Solitary Man
- Contact Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brian Koppelman on Twitter | Vine
“Blocked people become toxic, they become toxic to themselves and to the people around them” – Click to tweet
Books and Articles Mentioned In This Episode:
- The Theory of Poker by David Sklansky
- Writing in Restaurants by David Mamet
- Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- A Season For Justice by Morris Dees
- Philip Roth
- Elegy for a Carpet Joint by Brian Koppelman
Thanks so much for listening!
If you enjoyed this episode of The James Altucher Show, please leave a review or a rating on ITunes. I read every review and it helps to make the podcast better.