Do your socks match?
Hopefully, with more time you would choose to do what you love.
That’s what author Jon Acuff did. He wanted to write, but like so many people, he was stuck at a 9-5 job. So how did he become a New York Times Bestselling author and write five books?
Simply put, he made time. On the show today, you’ll learn how to maximize the spare time you didn’t even know you had. It’s there. It’s just hiding… like that sock. He used this time to follow his joy and create multiple streams of income.
You can, too.
First, learn to say no. Jon said no to excuses. He wrote every morning before work. He did interviews from his car during lunch and gave talks on weekends when he could getaway.
He also said no to the idea that it’s too late. It’s never too late to choose yourself. Give yourself permission to be a quitter, start something new, and have a do over.
That’s what Jon did and that’s what inspired his books. He proves that if you have enough bad experiences, you can write a book about it:
Start now and enjoy the show.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- How to find spare time
- How to maximize your day
- How to do what you love while balancing your day job
- How to start
- How to gain clientele and use word of mouth marketing
- Plus much more…
Links and Resources Mentioned In The Show:
- Read Jon Acuff’s latest book, Do Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work, and Never Get Stuck
- Read Jon Acuff’s book, Quitter: Closing the Gap Between Your Day Job & Your Dream Job
- Read Jon Acuff’s book, Start: Punch Fear in the Face, Escape Average and Do Work that Matters
- Check out Jon Acuff’s website and newsletter
- Interact with Jon on Twitter and Facebook
Thanks so much for listening!
If you enjoyed this episode of The James Altucher Show, please leave a review or a rating on ITunes. I read every review and it helps to make the podcast better.