Everyone’s favorite topic… Trump. I interviewed PJ O’Rourke back in May. But today (the day this show releases) is pretty much the one year anniversary of President Trump’s inauguration. And so I explore alternate realities with PJ, a 2x New York Times bestselling author, journalist, Irish Catholic hippie and a world of other contradictions.
- QUESTION: “What would the country be like if all the First Ladies ran the country?”
- ANSWER: “We’re out of slavery in 1800 because Sally Hemings would’ve abolished it.”
(That’s a chapter in his book. PJ tells you how the world would be different. He gives you scenarios to dream up a new world.)
He also asks you to vote differently… Hypothetically, who would you vote for if you picked the president based on who you’d go on a road trip with.
Our conversation makes you think. And laugh. And wonder. Which are the three keys to a free mind.
So I give you, PJ O’Rourke, author of “How The Hell Did This Happen: The Election of 2016”
Links and Resources
- The National Lampoon, PJ was the Editor in Chief in the 70’s (back in John Belushi days)
- “Parliament of Whores: A Lone Humorist Attempts to Explain the Entire U.S. Government” by PJ O’Rourke
- “Give War a Chance” by PJ O’Rourke
- “On The Wealth of Nations” by PJ O’Rourke
- Ezra Pound (poet)
- East Village Other (a competitor to The National Lampoon)
- The Village Voice (another popular magazine back in the 70’s)
- NPR’s debrief on Brexit
- My interview with Ron Paul
- “The Art of The Deal” by Donald Trump
- Eisenhower’s Farewell Address
Thanks so much for listening! If you like this episode, please subscribe to “The James Altucher Show” and rate and review wherever you get your podcasts:
Follow me on Social Media: