NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
Eligibility: Subject to the additional restrictions below, the “James Altucher Show – 300 Podcast Episode” Video Contest is open to adults 18 and over in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Employees and contractors of Choose Yourself Financial(the “Sponsor”), and its respective affiliate companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to win.
Contest Period: The Contest Period begins December 11, 2017 and ends on December 29, 2017.
How to Enter: Entry period begins at 5 p.m. (EDT) on December 11, 2017 and ends at 5 p.m. (EDT) on December 29, 2017. Each entry must complete a 1 minute (or less) video in the English language which describes their chosen episode of “The James Altucher Show” and how it changed their life. Submit all videos online at https://www.facebook.com/JAltucher.Blog. Only videos submitted through the form on this page will be accepted and are eligible for voting and/or prize. Videos will not be posted on our site for voting if they contain any negative-derogatory themes, words or actions. All videos are vetted through Choose Yourself Media employees before being placed on the site. Only one entry allowed per person. All videos become the property of Sponsor and may be used in any publicity related to this Contest including the publishing of the winning video on JamesAltucher.com, or in any online and print collateral of these entities including ads in publications. Videos will not be returned. Judges may disqualify previously published videos or those that have won previous awards or competitions.
- Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or entries that exceed 1 minute. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission or technical failures of any kind including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. Any questions regarding the number of entries or the owner of the ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing an aspect of the contest. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive emails from Sponsor, Contest Administrator, or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such emails by following the directions in any email received from Sponsor or Contest Administrator. Contestants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, create a sound recording of, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party’s intellectual property rights, or that Sponsor deems obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience.
- Winner Selection: A panel of qualified judges selected by the Sponsor will determine the winning videos. All eligible entries will be evaluated based on creativity, quality, and alignment with the core messaging and guidelines outlined in the contest description. One entry will be chosen as the Grand Prize winner. Two finalists will also receive second and third place prizes. Winners will be notified and announced on or around January 4th, 2018 on https://www.facebook.com/JAltucher.Blog and other James Altucher’s social media channels.
- Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize will be (1) round trip ticket to NYC, hotel accommodations and a visit to a live taping of “The James Altucher Show”. The winning video will be showcased on JamesAltucher.com, as well as through James Altucher social media platforms.
- Two (2) Runner-Up Prizes: Both runner-up finalists will receive recognition on JamesAltucher.com, as well as through James Altucher social media platforms. In addition, each finalist will receive special gifts from Choose Yourself Media.
- Grand Prize Restrictions: Timing for the visit to NYC for the podcast recording will be subject to scheduling and availability. An effort will be made to coordinate with the winner on the date and time but all details of the visit are subject to change.
- Winner Notification and Acceptance: Creator of the winning video will be notified on or about January 4th, 2018, via email at the email address provided with winner’s entry. Failure to reach winner by email after 3 attempts (including return of email as undeliverable) may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his/her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among the remaining eligible entries. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor and Promotional Sponsor reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit and release or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his/her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his/her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation.
- General Release: By entering the contest, entrants release the Choose Yourself Media and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the contest or with the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in false light).
- Copyright: By entering the Contest, each contestant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, edit or otherwise use the contestant’s submitted video entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each submission must be original and created entirely by entrant. Submissions may include materials which are in the public domain or for which you have obtained the prior written permission or clearance of the owner. Submissions must not incorporate or include anything that violates any law or the copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right or any other right of any third party. Each contestant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsor may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Sponsor.
- Participation: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Promotional Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the contest is compromised by a virus, non authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
- Construction: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- Sponsor: “James Altucher Show – 300 Podcast Episode” Video Contest is sponsored by Choose Yourself Media LLC. The decisions of Sponsor and judges regarding the selection of the winners and all other aspects of the contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Contest Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For the list of Winners (available after January 4, 2018) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Choose Yourself Media Video Contest, 808 Saint Paul Street, Baltimore, MD 21202. Requests must be sent within thirty (30) days of the winner notification date.