Andrew Sider @andrewsider: what are 2 industries/trends core to your startup investment thesis?
I look for three things:
– trends in social media. Social media marketing is going to replace almost all other forms of marketing. Or at least force the rest to innovate.
– anything relating to baby boomers: cancer diagnostics, hospices, alzheimers treatments, etc
– The US is the next Saudi Arabia. We have all the oil we need along the Mississippi via fracking.
I then look for:
– a CEO who has built and sold before
– good co-investors who have done due diligence before me
– cheap valuations
– revenues/profits in sight
– a predictable exit.
Then I invest. But only a small amount. There are plenty of opportunities. Enough to spread around.