[Note: This was also also a question off of quora]
ANSWER: This is my basic list for this question. But for each book, if you like one of them I have 10 more underneath that are similar. Also, these are only the books that I like that answer the question but not a full reading list of books I recommend.
1) “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle. his intro explains how the book solved his own suffering
2) ”I am That” by Nisargadatta Maharaj. You have to read it to see why.
3) ”Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life”, Wayne Dyer’s interpretation of the Tao
4) ”The Prosperous Heart” by Julia Cameron.Good for anyone with a scarcity complex and anxious about money.
5) ”Losing Control, Losing Serenity”. Must of us struggle with control issues
6) ”Guide to Rational Living” by Albert Ellis. An alternative take on psychotherapy
7) ”The Science of Getting Rich” by Wallace Wattles. The precursor to all the books by Napoleon Hill, the Secret, etc. This book was the orginal.
8) ”The Places That Scare You” by Pema Chodron
9) ”The Art of Power” by Thich Nhat Hanh
10 ”Evil Plans” by Hugh Macleod. Gave a new twist on motivation.
11) And of course, “I Was Blind, But Now I See” by James Altucher which, in some ways, aggregates all of the above.